The Federal Government has confirmed the release of all group-stage bonuses owed to the Super Eagles at the ongoing 2025 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON), easing concerns over reports of discontent within the national team’s camp.
The Minister of State for Finance, Dr Doris Uzoka-Anite, made the disclosure on Thursday while responding to speculation that unresolved bonus payments could affect the team’s preparations, including rumours of a possible boycott of training sessions and hesitation to travel to Marrakesh for their quarter-final encounter against Algeria.
In a statement shared via her official X (formerly Twitter) account, Uzoka-Anite said the issue had been resolved through coordinated efforts between the Federal Government and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
According to the minister, all bonuses earned by the players during the group stage of the tournament have been fully processed and cleared in line with regulatory requirements.
“All group-stage bonuses were fully released and have now cleared the necessary regulatory stages,” she stated.
She explained that to address the players’ preference for payment in foreign currency, the government introduced a fast-track conversion process to ensure timely disbursement.
“We have implemented a fast-track conversion process to move funds into foreign currency, honouring the players’ preferences,” Uzoka-Anite said.
The minister further disclosed that the final phase of the payment process is currently underway, with funds already being transferred into the players’ domiciliary accounts.
“The final transfers to domiciliary accounts are currently in flight. Players can expect these funds to reflect starting today (Thursday) or tomorrow (Friday),” she added.
Uzoka-Anite emphasised that the Federal Government remains committed to the welfare and morale of the Super Eagles as they progress into the knockout stages of the continental tournament.
“Our focus remains entirely on supporting the team’s welfare so they can maintain their incredible momentum in the knockout rounds,” she said.
She also assured Nigerians that the administration is determined to prevent off-field issues from distracting the players from their mission at AFCON 2025.
“We move forward with one goal: bringing the trophy home,” the minister declared.
The confirmation is expected to calm tensions and allow the Super Eagles to concentrate fully on their quarter-final fixture as they continue Nigeria’s quest for continental glory at AFCON 2025.


